How can we help?
Even big thinkers need a little help sometimes. This page should answer your questions. Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Visit our “Get in touch” tab, fill out our help form and we’ll get back to you.
- How should I approach the application process
- Do some soul searching before you reach out. How do you see yourself simplifying technology for the world? Would you thrive in a global culture? What challenges are you looking for? What makes you unique?
- Apply for positions that match both your skills and your aspirations. Be realistic—but optimistic.
- Let us know what you’re passionate about. What drives you?
- What should I consider when it’s time to apply?
- Your resume/CV is vital, so make it count. It gets our attention and helps us predict where you might fit on our team. It should reflect who you are—and who you want to be.
- Details matter—proofread anything you send us.
- Put some time into your profile. It’s a big deal.
- Differentiate yourself. Why are you the best person for the job?
- Is there anything I should do before applying?
Before getting started, have an electronic copy of your resume/CV ready.
- What’s the best way to apply for a position at HP?
Start by completing your candidate profile to help us match your skills with our roles. Then use our job search to apply directly for a position.
- How can I find out what positions are available?
Our job search organizes results by location and category as well as common searches. You can also search for specific keywords.
- Are all HP opportunities listed on hp.com/go/jobs? Including internships and graduate positions?
Yes, we list all our experienced, graduate and internship positions available worldwide. We invite you to explore our job opportunities for students and graduates using our job search tool. We also hold special interview events at selected campuses. Visit our student events site for more information.
- How can I find out about internships at HP?
Visit our students and graduates page to learn more about available programs. You can find internships instantly, organized by different job categories. You can also search for keywords.
- What can I do if I’m not interested in an available job but still want to join HP?
Submit your profile and we’ll keep you in mind for future opportunities. If you want, we’ll also notify you about new openings that match your profile.
- Do I need to answer all the questions on the application?
Answer as many as you can. The more we know about you, the easier it is to know if you’re right for the job.
- Can I submit my resume/CV as an attached file?
Yes. In fact, we recommend attaching additional information (like a cover letter, references, etc.) to your profile. You can also type or paste into the appropriate text field.
- What language should I apply in?
Apply in English if it’s your first language, or in the language of the country in which you’re applying. If you’d like to be considered for jobs in more than one country, it’s a good idea to submit your resume/CV in English.
- If I don’t find any internships in my area, can I still apply to HP?
Sure. Just submit a candidate profile that includes your work preferences along with your cover letter and resume/CV.
- How can I apply for telecommuting positions or job share at HP?
Telecommuting and other flexible arrangements are available in some cases. Discuss it with your hiring manager in your interview.
- How can I change my password? And what can I do if I forget it?
You can change your password by using the “forgot password” function on the log-in portion of your application or profile. We’ll send you an email right away with instructions on what to do next.
- What happens to my application once I’ve applied?
If you’ve applied for a specific job, we’ll review your application and get in touch if we want to know more. If you’ve submitted a profile, we’ll contact you if something opens up that’s the right fit.
- After applying online, how can I get in touch with a hiring manager or recruiter?
You don’t need to follow up. If you’ve applied for a job online or submitted your profile, we’ll get in touch if you’re the right fit.
- If I change my email address, should I create a new account?
No, just log in to your existing account and change your email in the personal information section. This will also change the address you use to log in. Please don’t create multiple accounts—it could cause confusion and delay your hire.
- What if I get an error message?
Oops, we’re sorry. Please report the problem right away on our feedback page. Make sure to list the requisition number.
- How long will my application remain active in the database?
We will retain your information in our candidate database for one year. We invite you to visit our jobs website regularly and apply online to specific jobs that may interest you.